Our second bundle of inferencing task cards includes three more sets that give you about a week of reading practice. The first making inferences task card bundle included author’s purpose, realistic fiction, expository, poetry, persuasive text. This second task card bundle includes:
- Making Predictions in Fiction & Nonfiction
- Character Analysis Inferences
- Informational Text (Expository, Persuasive)
What’s in the 2nd Inferencing Task Card Bundle?
There are a total of 60+ inferencing questions on 48 task cards! They include author’s purpose, realistic fiction, expository, poetry, persuasive text. Inferencing skills include making predictions, conclusions, and character analysis. Here are a few of the question stems:
- What will most likely be true after –
- According to the details in the paragraph, the reader can predict –
- What can the reader infer from Mikey’s actions?
- Sandra picked up the journal because –
- Marcos most likely put pencils on his desk because –
- One of the main goals of the Facebook page is to –
- What is the main reason that the lemonade stand was a success?
- What detail suggests that many people wanted to help James and Jose?
Inferencing Task Cards Set 4
Making Inferences Task Cards #4 include literary and informational texts with. Students will read fictional stories (trip to beach, going to gymnastics, trip to salon) and four expository paragraphs that connect social studies and science (financial literacy & the water cycle).
The TEKS-alignment make this a perfect STAAR Reading Resource.
Inferencing Task Cards Set 5
This set focuses on inferring character thoughts, feelings, and intentions. 24 total questions scaffold students as they analyze characters and infer using text evidence. Inferencing is made easy with 12 open-ended scaffolding questions and 12 multiple choice questions
Inferencing Task Cards Set 6
These Making Inferences Task Cards will engage students in a deep comprehension of informational and expository (STAAR-aligned) texts at levels 800-900 using released STAAR question stems.
[thrive_text_block color=”teal” headline=”View the Task Card Bundle”] [thrive_link color=’blue’ link=’https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Making-Inferences-Task-Card-Bundle-2-STAAR-3517741?utm_source=TTE&utm_campaign=SRDG’ target=’_self’ size=’medium’ align=’full’]Preview Now[/thrive_link][/thrive_text_block]